1970's WF Wells & Sons, Inc. horizontal bandsaw resto

yota

Registered
Registered
I posted this on a thread on another part of the forum but thought I should move it here where it hopefully belongs. is 1970's even vintage?

this is a 1970's USA made bandsaw I found on craigslist. the old fella who had it was from new york and had placed it in fair condition outside against his new home in Bradenton Florida, sitting on the mulch bed. he was all perplexed that it had rusted as he had 2 tarps over it. said it was fine when he stored it that way up north. welcome to tropical rains and high humidity.
IMG_20190516_162316.jpgIMG_20190518_140345.jpgIMG_20190518_141222.jpg

Last edited:
if you google the address on this nameplate, this company is still in business, still in the same location and still making this saw. I was able to get every part I needed including bearings, complete kit for the inside of the hydraulic ram and PDF's of owners manual and parts manual.
nice helpful people working there. they asked me to send them photos when I was done which I did. I also got the paint code from them for the color they are currently using as I hate the OSHA yellow that the government mandated be put on moving parts guards in that era.
IMG_20190518_172632.jpg

Holy cow, that’s beautiful.
That’s an industrial saw, made to run all day, year in and year out.

thanks! yes it's def a workshop machine. I wanted a USA made saw and was looking for a few months. the price was right on this because it was a mess but it had a brand new US made motor. when I drove down there I was kinda surprised at how big it was but I have a pretty big shop. I wanted to save it and figured it would end us as scrap if I didn't take it on.

Nice approach to the job, and very nice execution of rebuilding it. Now enjoy using it...!

Great job on the saw. Feels good, doesn't it. Cheers, Mike

Back