1970's WF Wells & Sons, Inc. horizontal bandsaw resto

Did you replace any of the bearings?
BTW, great job restoring it, it should last another 75 years or so.

Interesting design, I would have too much fun watching it to get anything cut.

Great job.

excellant job of making it look new. I feel bad that my old good working Wells bandsaw doesn't have a nice appearance-----maybe I will have time later to paint it up. Dave

excellant job of making it look new. I feel bad that my old good working Wells bandsaw doesn't have a nice appearance-----maybe I will have time later to paint it up. Dave
which model do you have? There is another wells company that makes bandsaws. it's called Wellsaw I think.

which model do you have? There is another wells company that makes bandsaws. it's called Wellsaw I think.
here are some pictures of mine---for some reason years ago I thought it to be an early Wells model, however now I can't determine it to be Wells or any other brand. possible to be shop made, but something discouraged me to feel that it was.
it works and cuts perfect, even though it needs a good clean-up and paint job. it takes a 92" blade, and I have never broken the blade. it will stand up vertical for cutting but I would need to make a table for it. I have other vertical metal bandsaws, so no need for a table.
DaveDSCF0005.JPGDSCF0004.JPGDSCF0003.JPGDSCF0001.JPG

here are some pictures of mine---for some reason years ago I thought it to be an early Wells model, however now I can't determine it to be Wells or any other brand. possible to be shop made, but something discouraged me to feel that it was.
it works and cuts perfect, even though it needs a good clean-up and paint job. it takes a 92" blade, and I have never broken the blade. it will stand up vertical for cutting but I would need to make a table for it. I have other vertical metal bandsaws, so no need for a table.
DaveView attachment 376068View attachment 376069View attachment 376070View attachment 376071
that's pretty cool and built like a tank. it's a lot older than mine. would make a great restoration project.

Last edited:
Back