1975 Kawasaki Z1 900 and 1985 Kawasaki GPZ 750 Turbo

I

illbeda

Forum Guest
Register Today
Here are a couple of projects that I did some years ago when I was more into Motorcycles.Still am but not like before.
The mods on the 75 were more extensive.GSXR1100 suspension components were installed and the bike went from twin shock to single shock.1075cc piston kit,34 Mikuni Flatslides,Dyna ignition.

The 85 Turbo got the same suspension treatment with upgraded forks,brakes,modern Tires and wheels.The rear section was also off of a GSXR 2001 600 if memory serves and the front end came from a ZX9R Kawasaki.

The Turbo was an easier swap due to the fact that it was already a single shock suspension system from the Kawasaki Factory.

All the M/C Factories back in the mid 1980's were tinkering around with a turbo powered bike but only Kawasaki got it right.

3-6-2004 053.jpg3-6-2004 004.jpg

3-6-2004 053.jpg 3-6-2004 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That Z1 is ridiculously sweet !!!!"jawdrop:
the GPZ is no slouch either,
nice scooters!!!!:worship:

mike:))

Last edited:
I've always loved the Z1. Nice upgrades! I've got a soft spot for the older KZs. My first real bike was a 77 model KZ1000. Loved it but bent to peer pressure and got into the Harley thing. Boy how I miss my Kaw...

I've always loved the Z1. Nice upgrades! I've got a soft spot for the older KZs. My first real bike was a 77 model KZ1000. Loved it but bent to peer pressure and got into the Harley thing. Boy how I miss my Kaw...

Kawasaki Has always sold crazy performance bikes,thats why I like em so much.

I posted an Ad on craigslist a couple of years ago for a "Z1 wanted" and a dude sold me this 75 you see here.
Its a project that's comin along.

Z1900 Fat Tire 004.JPG

Here are a couple of projects that I did some years ago when I was more into Motorcycles.Still am but not like before.
The mods on the 75 were more extensive.GSXR1100 suspension components were installed and the bike went from twin shock to single shock.1075cc piston kit,34 Mikuni Flatslides,Dyna ignition.

The 85 Turbo got the same suspension treatment with upgraded forks,brakes,modern Tires and wheels.The rear section was also off of a GSXR 2001 600 if memory serves and the front end came from a ZX9R Kawasaki.

The Turbo was an easier swap due to the fact that it was already a single shock suspension system from the Kawasaki Factory.

All the M/C Factories back in the mid 1980's were tinkering around with a turbo powered bike but only Kawasaki got it right.

I had several Turbos. Each time I'd end up doing something stupid and scaring myself silly. Sold both of them. I sort of miss them but my Guzzi is a bit more forgiving. Nice job and thanks for posting,
Mike

View attachment 90581View attachment 90582

View attachment 90581View attachment 90582

Brings back fond memories of my 1976 KZ-900 that went through various incarnations. 29mm smoothies, K&N's, couple of different headers, frame kit, unfortunately when I delved into engine building the first time, I made a couple of rookie mistakes which resulted in melted pistons. I was in the process of building it the second time, when marriage got in the way. Wound up selling a lot of expensive parts on the cheap.

Back