1979 Boyar-Schultz H618 Surface Grinder

You didn’t say what you paid but I’ll go out on a limb and assume that you deserve a big ol’
:you suck:

Gogratulations ona great looking SG. I hope we get to see more pictures once your up and running!
Hi BFH,
Thank you very much.
I paid 1K for the unit and i feel that it is worth all of it.
i'll take video and pictures!

What, no Neutrofier?
No sir, it has a Electro-Matic chuck controller :)

I was hearing this “you suck” all the way over from the Altamont! Now I know where it was coming from! Good Job! You will wonder how you ever got along without it!
Thanks Chips!
i have wanted a smaller surface grinder for some time, the planets must be in alignment or something!
i hope to make the forum proud!

That looks like a really nice score, Mike! Which room of the house are you goi
Electro-Matic.
my wife may get a "new appliance" in the kitchen :grin big:

Good score ! I have its older sister, mine has a belt driven spindle.
Greg
thanks Greg,
i'd love to see pictures of the old girl!
Oh, and you suck!:applause:
Thanks Evan,
you are welcome to see and use her anytime you desire

Thanks Evan,
you are welcome to see and use her anytime you desire
Mike,
You got a screamin’ deal!

I’ve been corresponding with Mikey on adding a little positive lead to my new Borite cobalt boring bars. I was thinking of manually stoning them on a diamond plate, but a surface grinder might work better. :encourage:

Congrats on your purchase. I’m happy for you.
E

Thanks Evan,
I feel like i did get a good deal!
I slso have been collaborating with @mikey on an upcoming experiment.
he is supplying the brains - i’m supplying the machine

That thread is soon to follow at another Bat Time on this Bat Station!

Holy Cow, Mike - that is a screaming deal on a really nice machine!!! Congratulations on yet another awesome acquisition.

Hawaii is a beautiful place to live but it just totally sucks for finding deals on used machine tools. Color me jealous!!

Holy Cow, Mike - that is a screaming deal on a really nice machine!!! Congratulations on yet another awesome acquisition.

Hawaii is a beautiful place to live but it just totally sucks for finding deals on used machine tools. Color me jealous!!
Thank you Mikey,
Yes sir, Hawaii is paradise.
i can see how it would be difficult to find equipment.
i consider myself the luckiest guy on earth! :grin:

Great score!!!
thanks Dabbler,
i'm looking forward to some mischief! :grin big:

Mike,
There you were, bemoaning my acquisition of the Enco 6X12 and now you knock it out of the park with an even better score! :grin big: Great job and congratulations, I hope it give you great service.

Mark

Back