2 1/2" stainless round and a nice piece of copper bar at Rivercity Steel and Recycling, San Antonio

mattthemuppet2

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Not sure if this is the right place, but saw several pieces of 2 1/2" (guesstimate) stainless round, probably about 7 feet or so long at Rivercity Steel and Recycling in San Antonio (Roosevelt and 410, southside), when I was there on Thursday. Also a really nice piece of copper bar, perhaps 5/8x1" and 4 or 5ft long inside the main dock. I'd have to check my receipt, but I think stainless is 45c/lb.

Would have picked up one of the rounds but it was too heavy to carry on my bike :) No idea if any of that is still there, might be worth a call if you're interested, they're super helpful and friendly.

Not sure if this is the right place, but saw several pieces of 2 1/2" (guesstimate) stainless round, probably about 7 feet or so long at Rivercity Steel and Recycling in San Antonio (Roosevelt and 410, southside), when I was there on Thursday. Also a really nice piece of copper bar, perhaps 5/8x1" and 4 or 5ft long inside the main dock. I'd have to check my receipt, but I think stainless is 45c/lb.

Would have picked up one of the rounds but it was too heavy to carry on my bike :) No idea if any of that is still there, might be worth a call if you're interested, they're super helpful and friendly.
By 'bike' I'm assuming the motorized kind. (If peddle type - pls disregard... :grin: )
You'll be needing a trailer for runs to the scrap yard.
1578354408288.png

ha, no, it's a peddle bike :) Electric motor assist, but even so 7ft long steel bars are a bit of a stretch. I think I managed to carry 55lb there on that run (bunch of steel scrap plus a 22" mag wheel I found). Came out $5 up after the stainless I bought!

Back