2 buckets up and 6 whatzits ?

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I know the 3 or so are for one of my old wood lathes , but can't think of what these other items are . I answered a post awhile back that turned out to be a follower rest for a heavy 10 , which I had at a point , but this turned out to be different . I'll give you 4 angles of the parts . The only part I'm really considering keeping is that 4 or 3 axis thingie , so if you see something you like or need , it'll save me some gas going to Owl Metals .

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0852.JPG
    IMG_0852.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
The item at 12 o'clock in the first pic is a holddown and fence for a mortiser. I think (not sure)
the item at 7 o'clock is for sharpening circular saw blades.

Item at upper right in first picture looks like a tool rest for using your metal lathe to turn wood.

From "How to Run a Lathe"
WP_20200119_19_59_05_Pro[1].jpg

The thing with the 2 slots and the 2 pronged fork, looks like a fence from a small wood shaper.

The bright shiny item at 4 o'clock in first picture, I believe that would be a sharpening guide to hold a wide blade such as a wood plane for sharpening on the grinder. I suppose it would also work for numerous wood chisels, wood carving chisels, etc..

The bright shiny item at 4 o'clock in first picture, I believe that would be a sharpening guide to hold a wide blade such as a wood plane for sharpening on the grinder. I suppose it would also work for numerous wood chisels, wood carving chisels, etc..
Yep, I've got two larger ones of that style. Craftsman. Mine are not all that rigid. This one looks a bit better.

Back