2 HP Bench Mill from Central Machine

Just lube properly and that mill will last a lifetime. Use an iso 68 weight weigh lube. I will be modifying my mill and lathe for more lube points, they didnt do the best for position and location of the lube points on the ways but my stuff is wore out from lack of lube. Tim

All good advice. If you need parts...Grizzly is a good resource. Not a guarantee that they will be an exact fit but with a little research I was able to get some seals and stuff for my Top-Tech copy of a RF-45 by looking at Grizzly models.... checking out their parts diagrams and then roll the dice. .
It’s rolling the dice. Because of that, I’m not sure of the question as to that theory that everything is made at the same factory. I’m more of the opinion that there are multiple manufacturers who just copy various models. Some of these companies take something like a Rung Fu mill drill and reverse engineer them. Some are better than others. I think there are multiple manufacturers.
But, I’ve heard so many stories that I now say who knows. China is the Wild West in my opinion with rampant intellectual theft and corruption in my opinion.

All good advice. If you need parts...Grizzly is a good resource. Not a guarantee that they will be an exact fit but with a little research I was able to get some seals and stuff for my Top-Tech copy of a RF-45 by looking at Grizzly models.... checking out their parts diagrams and then roll the dice. .
It’s rolling the dice. Because of that, I’m not sure of the question as to that theory that everything is made at the same factory. I’m more of the opinion that there are multiple manufacturers who just copy various models. Some of these companies take something like a Rung Fu mill drill and reverse engineer them. Some are better than others. I think there are multiple manufacturers.
But, I’ve heard so many stories that I now say who knows. China is the Wild West in my opinion with rampant intellectual theft and corruption in my opinion.

Thanks for the response, Tim. It is good to know that at lest some of the stuff from Grizzly will fit the mill. Don't need anything yet. But still good to know.

I have a Husky 8X30 mill that seems almost identical to the Grizzly 8X30. I've downloaded the parts doc from Grizzly and ordered a couple things (handwheel and quill handle) and the parts did fit (handwheel came with 1/4" hole and you bore to fit your machine). I've also looked at other parts and tried to get specs from Grizzly before ordering (I needed a new motor and didn't want to roll the dice on that) and found that getting specs is not so easy. I actually talked to one of the Grizzly support folks and he tried to get the info I needed but basically, if the specs you need aren't on the website, they won't be able to get them for you. At least that was my experience. On the plus side, talking to the Grizzly support folks was a breath of fresh air compared to some product support teams.

Back