• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

2 Russian

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

fernballan

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Two Russians arrived today DSC_0027.JPG DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0032.JPG

Skickat från min F3111 via Tapatalk

ariscats

Active User
I have long worked with Russian measuring tools ,mainly because they were available in good prices after Soviet Union collapse.They are excellent,to
my opinion.May be some are a little more bulky from what are you used to,but the quality is impressive,especially for the price i have
acquired them.If there is interest i may post some pictures from my collection.More,they are some on e bay from Moldova or Ukraina in good
prices yet.

ariscats

Active User
To fernballan. I can see a question mark to your post of Oct 31 (Time delay machine on LOL).I appreciate your answer but unable to decode
the meaning.If i may be of any help please post.
Arscats

GoceKU

My lathe is russian made, i also have lots of tooling made in russia, there stuff is bulky some time rough around the edges but made to last forever and cheap.

ariscats

Active User
I would like to see pictures of Russian measuring tools,if i am not pushing a big burden on you.
Ariscats

fernballan

To fernballan. I can see a question mark to your post of Oct 31 (Time delay machine on LOL).I appreciate your answer but unable to decode
the meaning.If i may be of any help please post.
Arscats
I do not quite understand what you mean

ddickey

I bought two USSR straight edges. Pretty much junk. My guess is I got rejects. Not even close to being flat.

ariscats

Active User
To fernballan . In your posting of Oct 31 2017, #4, there is a quote of my posting about using Russian instruments and your comment is only a question
mark(?). May be a spurious response or something of the software.Anyway thanks.
Ariscats

GoceKU

I bought two USSR straight edges. Pretty much junk. My guess is I got rejects. Not even close to being flat.
Are they twice as heavy as they need to be?

fernballan

Attachments

fernballan

I only have good experience of Russian tools. Maybe I've had luck or that there's more Russian stuff. I live close to Russia

Richard King 2

Master Machine Tool Rebuilder & Instructor
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Every Russian Tool I have seen were well built. I would prefer USA, Swiss or European built tool but if I had a choice between Chinese or Russian I would go Russian every time. I hired a fellow from the Ukraine years ago and he was a Journeyman Scraper over there and he was one of the best hand scrapers I had ever met ever.

fernballan

Every Russian Tool I have seen were well built. I would prefer USA, Swiss or European built tool but if I had a choice between Chinese or Russian I would go Russian every time. I hired a fellow from the Ukraine years ago and he was a Journeyman Scraper over there and he was one of the best hand scrapers I had ever met ever.
They were first in space so I do not think they're making such bad stuff Richard

ariscats

Active User
Thanks for the pictures.Is this a toolmakers microscope?
Ariscats

[6]
[5] [7]