20 Ton Press

Surprman

Active User
Registered
Picked-up a nice 20 ton shop press off Craig's list today. Only $50! Still need to move it downstairs to the shop (it is heavy and awkwardly shaped).

IMG_4119.JPG

Good find.
I've been looking for a good used press for a couple of years (guess I don't really need one too bad?). Usually if you find one the seller wants way too much.

But when you need one..... I use mine for forming, broaching, staking, setting and pressing out bearings, lastly, straightening bar stock. A press is a wonderful machine to have.

Nice score. :congrats: If you take the jack off and the table it will be lighter and easer to move. oh and :you suck:

Would be nice to have a press like that, good find! being it appears to be bolted together just take it apart and move it?

I made my own benchtop model. I used bed frames , welded them up. It's indespensible. In the past I broke a vise from over tightening it to press something. I had a part that was stuck and made it to release the part. Glad I did, with a 2 ton bottle it took all of that. I now have a 6 ton jack, the unit was overbuilt, so I think I should be ok . Now I wish it were bigger. I have used it many times, to bend metal, to flatten it, to press bearings. Amazing how useful

My would recommend taking apart and moving it in pieces. That way you can also verify all the bolts are good etc.
Nice, and have fun.

Thanks all! Yeah, it think I will be taking out the top 4 bolts. That will allow me to take it downstairs in three pieces. Looking forward to using it!

Back