20 Ton Press

for normal use broaching, bending, setting bearings, low pressure use the press doesn't move. it does move when I try to max it out ( 20 tons) but it doesn't take much to hold it still bill

I used two braking casters on one side. Even with the brakes off it seems stable enough.

Mike,

True, but I have found that locking casters are a pain to deal with and are not nearly as free from movement as I'd like. I have the room too, mine is mounted on rubber leveling pads. I can visualize fighting press location while using it with casters, I'd struggle with that. To me it is like a vice, needs to be solid and to hold the work in one place. I can put some big and awkward parts in my press. I have on rare occasions pivoted (walked) the press on the leveling pads to gain some extra room. Now mind you, my press is only a little 12 ton HF.

my jump punch has 4 locking casters and it moves. (i do like being able to move it tho')
don't think i would want a press on wheels

A couple days ago I 3d printed a knob for the release screw, which makes my press so much more convenient. I posted it here if you would like one.

Back