• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

220v to 110v motor

Asm109

Registered
Registered
No. That is a 3 phase motor. You will need a converter or VFD to run on single phase.

benmychree

John York
H-M Supporter Gold Member
It appears to be either 220 V or 440 V, and yes, 3 phase.

Superburban

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
It appears to be either 220 V or 440 V, and yes, 3 phase.
I do not think so. usually multi voltage motors have 6 winding's to configure for the 2 voltages. I only see three, that can be swapped from y to delta configuration.

MikeInOr

Registered
Registered
Last edited:

markba633csi

Registered
Registered
Yes, it's 3 phase of unknown horsepower rating- 0.18 CH must be the size rating but not sure what units they are using. 3240 is the rpm. Hmm, Oerlikon, didn't they make firearms during the war?
Mark

bill stupak

Registered
Registered
Other single lip cutters of this size are around 1/4 hp. I have found an alternate motor to use on it.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock