• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]
[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

BROCKWOOD

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Monarch is my choice for a lathe. Been looking & dreaming. Found 1 not far away & a decent size. It doesn't have the taper attachment though. Is that going to be something I just have to make? I've never seen the taper attachment sold separately.

Also, any idea what a 24" swing with 72" center to center might weigh? 15HP motor. Seller, well, it runs isn't much help. Video soon or I pass.

Last edited:

Eddyde

Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Do you have any pictures? I'll guess 6000 lbs

BROCKWOOD

Not good pics, but hopefully enough for those that know to help.

01.jpg 03.jpg 06.jpg

markba633csi

Take the top off and check for broken gears if possible- is there a broken lever there just to the right of MONARCH?

Cal Haines

Staff member
No. That's an oil-level sight glass. There's another one lower down, to the right of the pair of levers on the left.

[6]
[5] [7]