24 gauge Nickel Silver sheet

Maplehead

Registered
Registered
Hi All
I use 24 gauge nickel-silver sheet to make pickup covers. On the Internet everywhere I check the sheets come in 6”x6”, 6”x12” or 6”x18”. It’s rare to find it in other sizes and without the high retail price. A 6x6 goes for $15 to $25 a sheet, ridiculous. So my question is, where are all these outlets sourcing their nickel-silver?
I’ve searched for wholesale but am finding nothing. I need to find these sheets at a much reduced price and better sizes, as my covers leave a lot of wasted sheet.

Only thing I can suggest is making your own. Find yourself some 24gauge material. Cut and shape your pickups. Then nickel plate the pieces when done. Nickel plating isn’t hard, materials are easily sourced. You can silver plate nickel if that is your desired finish. Caswell plating has a lot of info on the subject as does utube.

I think I just got an email from Online Metals advertising nickel sheet but I don't know the pricing. (Not nickel silver).

Only thing I can suggest is making your own. Find yourself some 24gauge material. Cut and shape your pickups. Then nickel plate the pieces when done. Nickel plating isn’t hard, materials are easily sourced. You can silver plate nickel if that is your desired finish. Caswell plating has a lot of info on the subject as does utube.
I already do nickel plate all my own parts. I specifically need the thin nickel-silver sheet for the cover as they react nicely with the magnetic pickups they go over.

Back