2M drill chuck missing arbor to 3M

Sparks

Registered
Registered
I have a nice drill chuck that came with the used small lathe/mill I bought. I don't have an arbor that will work with it and can't seem to find one online anywhere. What I need is a Morse 2 male which is the mill machine end and a M2 which is the opening in the drill chuck. Do they make such a thing? I actually have a M3 on the mill opening but have the M3 male to M3 female so I suppose I could use a M3 male to M2 male, either way. Suggestions? Thanks
Sparks

Never heard of a M-taper. I've seen B-tapers (DIN 238) for some European chucks and Jacobs tapers but not an M-taper. Does it actually state that it is an M2 taper on the chuck? If so, then I have no idea where you would find an arbor for it.

Hi Sparks,
is the chuck tapered on the ID?
if so, you may have a jacob's taper
if the chuck doesn't have a taper, you could easily turn a straight arbor to suit your needs
if it has a taper, you may wish to buy a completed arbor on ebay or amazon, or from one of many toolhouses
unless you'd like the challenge of cutting 2 opposing tapers with different dimensions :grin:

Are you sure that's an ”M2” and not a JT33 or JT6?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you Higgite! That is the answer. I know that the chuck fits my other MT2 tapers just fine but finding one that was mt3 male to mt2 male was yielding no results. A newer search based on your provided info allowed me to find the MT2 to a B16 which from measurement is perfect. So the chuck is actually a B16. The cheapest I found is like $21 with shipping which is reasonable. I hated to discard the chuck as it's a nice 1.5 to 13mm for slightly larger drills above 3/8.

I'm glad I could help. I learned something in the process, too.

Tom

Back