3 jaw chuck

carlcan

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I'm looking for a 3 jaw chuck for my W & S No 2. Anyone know of a good place to start?

Is it a threaded nose? or is it a A-series nose?

I've got a great big die head for a turret lathe if anyone needs it . It's new old stock up to about 3-4" thread dia. Not much call on my 11" Logan . I know there super expensive but I'm no pig , ill sell it fairly . It takes six dies . No die sets in my shop for it. I may know where there are some in south Jersey , Cooks Tool in turnersville NJ

Last edited:
Just about any 8" or 10" chuck out there will work. Your problem is going to be, is finding a A-1 or A-2 back plate. I saw your post over on PM and John O mentioned it was a A-6" nose. With that in mind, you could take a D1-6" adapter plate, pull the pins, and drill/C'Bore holes to match up with the spindle nose tapped holes. There are not very many NOS chucks out there with a A series back to them. MAybe a few used ones that would work. If you find one, it's more than likely worn out. Be nice to find a old W & S 3-jaw chuck in good shape. They are hard to come by.

Ken

Back