3" Machinist Clamp Kit

Doug Gray

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Post about the 3" Machinist Clamp Kit here. (the 3"MCK) Questions, Concerns, Answers, Bragging rights lots of photos please. All things 3" Machinist Clamp Kit here.

Just got though watching Blondihacks two videos on her making those clamps. Both the kit and her videos look pretty good.

Chris McGuffin Of Ottawa Canada has shared his build. Unique knob style handles. Chris ordered two kits so is having great fun trying different variations.

Two Clamps_Chris McGuffin.jpg

Chris also made a very cool "assembly " video
check out his Instagram

Get your kit here.

Last edited:
Hi Doug,

I have a set of the cheap 2” Kant twist off eBay. The design is wonderful, BUT, I keep wishing the screw went 90deg to the way it goes now. In looking at your pic’s I think this could be possible by just using 2 sets of the long arms instead of one set of short and one set of long. Would it be possible to order a kit that way?

Hi C-Bag

Interesting idea... What I can do is provide a regular kit and include a set extra of plates that I have on hand. I would have to charge you an extra $5 for the additional plates. No guarantee on how the geometry works when using two sets of "main" plates. Photo below showing the extra plates I have on hand.
20210705_224341.jpg

Cool Idea I would be very interested in your results. If your interested PM me here or E-mail me thru the store and we can figure out the details.

Regards D.G.

Congratulations to Mr. H of the Netherlands!

Mr. H of the Netherlands purchased two of the partial 3" (75mm) Machinist Clamp Kits. He has done an awesome job of the build. Not only has he had the enjoyment of a creative build, but now he has a useful tools for his shop. Tools that he can be proud to point to and say "I made that", (but in Dutch). :)

MR_H_1_4390cf69-9253-4909-9903-1589715687e6_480x480.jpg

MR_H_2_480x480.jpg

Great job Mr. H and thank so much for sharing your build.

Get your kit here. https://d-gray-drafting-and-design.myshopify.com/

Back