3" Machinist Clamps Kit

Doug Gray

H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Hey Guys

I want to show you what I’ve been up to in my little basement shop.

I have been developing a kit for 3” machinist clamps. There have been a few prototypes and many revisions to the drawings , but I am now ready to offer the kits for sale.

The kits (you get materials for two clamps) come in three flavors.

• Drawings only in the form of a PDF digital download
  • Main and inner plates, hardware and a printed copy of the drawings
  • Complete kit… inner and main plates, all raw materials, hardware and printed drawings.
Please check out my store and let me know what you think.

dgdd logo.jpg20210113_205117.jpg20210116_134848.jpg20210120_084739[1].jpg20210113_195635[1].jpg

Doug,

Those look like a great first project for someone with a lathe (last two kits) or lathe and mill (plans only).

Welcome to the group!

-brino

I think it's great. I hope you do well with it. The website looks very professional and clean.
Not meant to discourage you but the problem I see is that you are bumping up against the economics of mass manufacturing (vs your kit) since a 3" Kant twist clamp is only $30 (even from MSC! )
One thought: I made several of these from 304 stainless. Could that be a way to differentiate your kit from the rest? It should not add that much to production cost?
Welcome aboard and please let us know how it goes.
Robert

Hey Guys

I've updated my store to directly show the currency of the customers location. If the the page does not automatically reflect your currency there is a selector at the bottom centre of the page.

Sorry for any inconvenience , but now the pricing should be more reasonable.

Just an up-date guys.

The Plates, Drawings and Hardware version of the kits is now ready to ship. Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered! Your kits will be on there way shortly. The full kits with all materials will start shipping next week.

Attachments

• plates and hardware .jpg
    plates and hardware .jpg
    843.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I've been getting a few questions about the order of operations on the "screw" so I've done up a quick video.

Attachments

• screw.jpg
    screw.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
Great News Guys!

The "Complete" version of the kits is now ready to ship. The full kits with all materials are now shipping!

To celebrate we are have a 15% off all products sale!

Just enter the discount code "hobby" at checkout and receive 15% off! (be sure the currency selector is set for your country)

Attachments

• complete kit in box photo low.jpg
    complete kit in box photo low.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 30
  • MACHINIST'S two CLAMP render_edited 4.jpg
    MACHINIST'S two CLAMP render_edited 4.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 30
  • MACHINIST'S CLAMP DRAWING COVER  REV D.JPG
    MACHINIST'S CLAMP DRAWING COVER REV D.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
Hey Guys

I did up a video on "the Jaws"