3" Machinist Clamps Kit

Video is private, we can't watch it...

Oh #%&^

Thanks Slodat

All fixed now

Got it! Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Guys:

I want to thank everyone for the continued support of the store.

Here is a vidio of what to expect when you're working with the plates in the kit. They come to you in a "raw" state and need deburring and cleanup.

One thought: I made several of these from 304 stainless. Could that be a way to differentiate your kit from the rest? It should not add that much to production cost?
Welcome aboard and please let us know how it goes.
Robert
I just built a set of Doug's clamps from his plans. I think he has a legitimate way to differentiate his clamps from others.

If one precisely follows the specifications and tolerances from his plans, you will end up with a very tight, yet smoothly operating clamp. There is no comparison between his clamp and the Kant Twist's that I have, which are pretty sloppy.

It's like using a Mitutoyo caliper vs. a Pittsburgh or a ball bearing drawer slide vs. a friction one. You may get to the same place (or not) but it's a lot more satisfying using top quality tools and products.

Just a FWIW

If one precisely follows the specifications and tolerances from his plans, you will end up with a very tight, yet smoothly operating clamp. There is no comparison between his clamp and the Kant Twist's that I have, which are pretty sloppy.

It's like using a Mitutoyo caliper vs. a Pittsburgh or a ball bearing drawer slide vs. a friction one. You may get to the same place (or not) but it's a lot more satisfying using top quality tools and products.
Thanks for the kind words bill70j.
Not only does the kit produce a quality tool, but the builder gets the satisfaction, experience and enjoyment of creating it!

D.G.

Back