3 phase charger to single phase

This is one of those cases where a fellow walks in thinking he knew enough, only to find out that he'd missed most of the prep classes.
I feel like this stubborn cat with you and mk taking turns on the leash.
d93bDin.gif

Now that I have an inkling of how ignorant I am I will try to start fresh.

You've got a few years on me sir, and I am an Arduino fan myself. *cheers*

Have you done many Arduino projects?
Mark S.
ps that looks like my cat lol

Last edited:
I have done a few dozen of the prototype projects on breadboards. There are also a couple of remote sensor projects that received their own project boxes and are mounted in permanent enclosures. After I get finished moving from one state to another and finish building a house, then I plan to sit down and try to learn the programming more so I don't need to be hunting and pecking through the books and canned sketches.
The rotary phase converter rebuild was going to be an Arduino-controlled piece of marvelous engineering (hah) with nicely written ladder logic, pretty colored LEDs as the Arduino stepped through the checks, start, caps in and out...
I have to chuckle at how plans are scrapped so easily when the schedule goes out the window.
This 3 phase to single phase charger was not the only project that turned out longer and more complicated than I thought it was going to be this week.
I also tore into a Clark NST25 electric forklift that I thought I could have running inside my shop by the end of this week.
:laughing: Now I have a 5300 pound walk-around piece of art in the center of my work space and a 1300 pound top heavy battery on a pallet outside the shop. And my wife informs me that rain is coming tomorrow.
There are two 24VDC motors driving 2 separate hydraulic pumps in the Clark... The one that operates the drive wheel looks to have burnt windings near the brushes.

Ah now I see what the charger is for. Looks like you'll have to tarp the battery.
I'm hunting and pecking my way on an Arduino stepper controller now using borrowed code but isn't reliable; I'll probably end up rewriting it.
Like the old saying, if you want something done right do it yourself
Mark

• All three phases contribute to the power transformer.
  • For 3 to 1 phase conversion - you will need to derate the transformer and components by 1.73. This may or not be an issue depending on manufacturer-selected tolerances.
  • If the transformer and components are in the tolerance window, then perhaps you have a starting point.
  • I would not do it.

Back