300 Norma mag done!!!

Thats a nice looking rifle. Looks like a shooter. Manners stock? What barrel did you use? What pills are you planning on using? Nice work

Thats a nice looking rifle. Looks like a shooter. Manners stock? What barrel did you use? What pills are you planning on using? Nice work
Thanks lots I’m definitely seeing some potential It’s a bartlein 1-8 Berger 220ht

I did a 338 norma with an Obermeyer barrel. The cartridge is accurate I got great accuracy and very consistent velocity in limited range tests. I need to have more room to shoot it 300y is all I have access to at the club I belong to

Very nice! What range? What is the parent cartridge? If the Norma is the parent, what powder/amount? I love this load development stuff! Got a favorite bullet? Hunting, or paper punching? Very nice machining work, too. I would have been very, very careful with bringing that fluting tool up to a piece of fine barrel steel:eek 2:
On an aside- young son put one of my 30-06, 180 gr. Sierra Game Kings handloads just behind that elk's ear today, 135 yds. Split second decision, perfect shot with perfect timing:big grin:. I handload for the 300 H&H in the family too:grin:
Oops- I look back to see the Berger bullet.

My local range only goes to 200 yards I’ve gotta drive an hour and half to shoot at 1000 yard range but I’ve got a few spots on BLM that I can stretch out to 1000 I’m hoping to be able to hit 1500 yards

Westerner, thank you for the kind words!!! the parent case is the .338 Norma. I started with the Berger 230s on top of 83.5g of H1000 (what I had on hand) I’m going to try some retumbo this weekend And maybe some RE-33 I prefer sierra bullets but I couldn’t pass up the BC of the Berger’s this one we’ll be more of a paper puncher maybe long range yote hunting congrats on the kill I need to get my boy out a bit he’s been wanting to get into Fclass but I really need to get him in the field

Back