3100 h-frt pressure washer

visenfile

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Bought in June 2016 and used 3 seasons . Paid for 2yr extended warranty and a good thing. One month out of 3 year wnty (mfg wnty=1, $80 for 2 more years) the wand (trigger handle started leaking and could not be tightened to stop it. I had read about HF policy before and true to form the manager said to bring in the whole unit for new unit I must buy another $80 warranty. Some things....the unit wants choke to start from hot; the oil check and drain a PIA; even with sta bil and run dry I have had to drain few drops from the carb bowl at spring startup, The spray head nozzle quik connect is sealed with a little 1/4" o ring which can dislodge-these are readily available, but a little fussy to install; at shutdown there is a non auto antifreeze drill to preserve the pressure mechanism, but I could not get the manual procedure to work; the manual is mostly silent on all the above. First pressure washer so cannot compare. Does a good job on mildew, moss, paint. Today there were a couple backfires suggesting need for valve adjust.

All these new motors are jetted super lean to meet Uncle Sam's pollution standards. Remove bowl, remove jet, fit a number drill to the jet size and drill it out with the next size up. Repeat if necessary. My Troy- Bilt Pony needs this fix as it will not run smooth without slight choke. It"s a real shame that you can't buy a new motor that runs properly. Also all I use is non-ethanol fuel in my small engines.

If you want any washer to last,put a decent water filter on the inlet hose.......I used to repair professional water equiptment,its incredible what high pressure water does to hard stuff like carbide nozzles and valves......in fact some special bronze lasts longer than carbide.

Back