3c Collet (9/32")

Waterlooboy2hp

Registered
Registered
If you happen to have an extra 9/32" - 3c round collet, I could really use one. --- John in York Pa..

Are you looking for one to finish out your collection? or you actually need one for a job?

Are you looking for one to finish out your collection? or you actually need one for a job?

I am producing these Brass parts. I need to hold each part by the thread and turn the shoulder. Had been doing it with a home made fixture in the chuck, but it is a pain and time wasting to set up and use. I bought 10 import 3c collets, where you choose a group of any 10 sizes, for one set amount. Got the 7 basic sizes, up to 1/2" and 3 of the in between sizes. Somehow, I did not think about a 9/32" as one of the 3.

I just finished up my drawbar set-up tonight, for the 7x10 mini lathe. The part has a .052 through hole and is counter bored on each end. I cut the screwdriver slot on a mini chop saw. The drilling is all done in a 5c collet fixture, on a high speed drill press. A length of rod is pre-threaded with a custom made floating die holder, that is self centering. ---- John

IMG_0017_zpsw2l5pqqb.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsw2l5pqqb.jpg

I have a very old 9/32 collet that looks to be in good shape. Has no name on it. It's out of a set I put together a few years back. I highly doubt I'll ever have a need for it. If interested let me know and I'll post a picture or two of the collet. Ken

I have a very old 9/32 collet that looks to be in good shape. Has no name on it. It's out of a set I put together a few years back. I highly doubt I'll ever have a need for it. If interested let me know and I'll post a picture or two of the collet. Ken
===========================================

Sounds like it might work out, as long as the collet is not sprung. That size may not have had much use anyway. It will sort of put a small damper on my excuse to buy 10 more in between size collets, but I can always find a reason to do that in the future. The Brass part is a carb jet and tied in with this adjustable high speed needle assembly, that I also make. They are for some of the Predator engines (Honda Clones). --- John
IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

=========================================

Can`t see any way to delete the want ad, so I wall just say that I no longer need the collet. I went ahead and ordered 10 more collet sizes, including a 9/32"---- john

IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

IMG_1552_zpsj9lj8fht.jpg

Last edited:
Back