3D Printed AXA Toolholder (Holders)

Very nice Bryan. I like that yours self attach to the 80/20 without having to use extra hardware. Mine are also tilted about 5 deg and that has proven to be enough that nothing has walked off with vibration (yet)
210102_G975U_10102_358.jpg

Terrific design. I don't have any 1" 80/20, but I do have some 1.5" stuff. Just designed a version for 1.5" 80/20 and AXA. Printing my first one at the moment. Hope it comes out ok.

Expanding the versatility of the sliding toolholder, and inspired by @Ken226 - I made an MT2 holder.

full

The end pieces use a half dovetail for assembly with the center section.

full

Assembled. There was a slight layer shift so minimal trimming was required to get the dovetails to fit. They were tight, this isn't coming apart. I will need to make an adjustment to the CAD geometry to allow for easier assembly on the next go around.

full

Installed. There is considerable weight here. I'm pleasantly surprised how strong the parts are for being thin-walled.

full

The tool holder fleet is growing...one advantage to my sliding design is that they can be easily flipped around to keep the tools all oriented in the same direction (up or down).

@vtcnc Bryan, all that I am seeing in the above post are huge red "Xs" where pictures should be.

EDIT: I can see the pictures on my phone using the Firefox browser but cannot see them on my MacBook, where I also use Firefox. Weird.

Last edited:
Nice! I printed a bunch of them and now just need to decide where to mount my 80/20. Any shot you have a MT3 version in the works?

Nice! I printed a bunch of them and now just need to decide where to mount my 80/20. Any shot you have a MT3 version in the works?
I will later this week. Look on my Printables profile next weekend for the files.

@vtcnc Bryan, all that I am seeing in the above post are huge red "Xs" where pictures should be.

EDIT: I can see the pictures on my phone using the Firefox browser but cannot see them on my MacBook, where I also use Firefox. Weird.
Have you tried again? These are .png files I uploaded to our media gallery...should be no problem on Firefox (which is what I'm using).

Can not see them on Windows -Chrome or Edge.

Back