3D printed dividing plates

Lo-Fi

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Came out really well:

IMG_20200216_110459.jpg
IMG_20200216_110447.jpg
Its double sided just like the metal one. I was a bit worried it wouldn't end up round or something silly like that, but it's actually spot on.
Designed in Onshape, sliced in Cura, printed on an Prusa I3 with Duet wifi brains in PLA+

Came out really well:

View attachment 313855
View attachment 313856
Its double sided just like the metal one. I was a bit worried it wouldn't end up round or something silly like that, but it's actually spot on.
Designed in Onshape, sliced in Cura, printed on an Prusa I3 with Duet wifi brains in PLA+
Looks great!
Was that Prusa PLA? What infill did you use?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

yeah but how accurate and repeatable is it. Will it still be as accurate after a couple years, if and when it shrinks or warps.

Filament from Rigid Ink - haven't found any better yet. 25% infill, I wanted it fairly strong.

Yep, never going to stand up as well as steel, but... Its about £2.50 in filament and zero time (for me) to print another. I can be happily making chips while the printer beavers away! Most importantly: to cut a steel one (which I'm sure I will do) I need the patterns I've just printed, and therein lies the really clever bit.
Also handy for the larger primes that won't factor from existing plates. Should I need to index them at any point, I can just print a plate.

Accuracy is also worth addressing: any error at the plate is reduced by a factor of 40 by the dividing head. Good enough for the girls I go out with :)

Back