3D Printed Vacuum Hose Adapter

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
I was using my shop vac a few years ago and broke the adapter piece that goes from the vacuum cleaner to the hose
i was able to glue it back together and it functioned for a couple years.
the other night, i tried to pull the vac by the hose, it fell apart :(

IMG_4821.jpg

i decided to design and 3D print a replacement, in PLA.

design was relatively simple, the part printed in less than 3 hours
without further adieu, the adapter and the copy!

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

it functions just like the original and was a fun project to make

as always, thanks for reading!

Isn't it great to be able make adapters like that on something that is sitting in your house or shop...

I should really post some of the adapters that I have made. I have a few of them now. Problem is that every tool is different and the associated adapters are different sizes. To overcome this issue of being overrun with unknown adapters, I am now printing the name of the tool on the adapters utilizing the extrude command in Solidworks. No labels to fall of this way.

Isn't it great to be able make adapters like that on something that is sitting in your house or shop...

I should really post some of the adapters that I have made. I have a few of them now. Problem is that every tool is different and the associated adapters are different sizes. To overcome this issue of being overrun with unknown adapters, I am now printing the name of the tool on the adapters utilizing the extrude command in Solidworks. No labels to fall of this way.
it sure is great to create and print a useable product in a matter of hours
i could have turned one from delrin faster, but then i wouldn't have nothin' for my printer to do :grin:
please do post your prints, i'd like to see them!

i have use the negative text feature in tinkercad, i need to graduate to the next cad

Good Job Mike!

I need a 2-1/2" ID to 2-1/2" OD coupler for my exhaust system on the Jeep.
I sure wish I could just print one of those!

-brino

here's a coupler.
Yep thanks, I think I got a line on one at an auto parts place that's almost on my way home from work.

I was just wishing that I could avoid shopping (my most hated activity; except for the tool places) and simply print one at home.
Maybe someday we'll be printing with steel filament.

-brino

Yep thanks, I think I got a line on one at an auto parts place that's almost on my way home from work.

I was just wishing that I could avoid shopping (my most hated activity; except for the tool places) and simply print one at home.
Maybe someday we'll be printing with steel filament.

-brino
Wouldn't that be great!

I bought a 3D printed vacuum adapter shaped to go into the T slots on my mill. Works nicely and feels heavily made/strong.

EDIT: Tried to find the adapter on Thingiverse so the files could be had but didn't see it. I did find this simple T slot cleaning tool, most people have one but if you don't and could print it here it is:

Last edited:
My printer is just finishing up a 22 hour print for a nozzle adapter for my leaf blower. I made a tapered section to neck the nozzle from 3 inches down to 2 inch so that I can increase the air velocity at the nozzle. I will find out soon if it works or not.
The blower has more than enough air volume, so I can sacrifice some of the volume to get more speed.

If this don't work then it back to shopping for a new one that has better velocity, they make them BUT $$$$$

My printer is just finishing up a 22 hour print for a nozzle adapter for my leaf blower. I made a tapered section to neck the nozzle from 3 inches down to 2 inch so that I can increase the air velocity at the nozzle. I will find out soon if it works or not.
The blower has more than enough air volume, so I can sacrifice some of the volume to get more speed.

If this don't work then it back to shopping for a new one that has better velocity, they make them BUT $$$$$
good luck!

i was able to print a nozzle for a 4" Dewalt leaf blower, to reduce to a 3" opening
it worked well, but was fragile
i used low pla%(15% infil) , which didn't help much in the durability
i'm considering a reprint with higher infill of 25% and thicker walls

Back