3D Printing & Dentures

The last crown I had done was completed in the office all in one visit with the permanent crown affixed. It was some sort of 3 d printer and scanning / modeling device. It was a little hard to visualize what was going on from my seat but I tried to ask questions along the way. BTW one of the best crowns Ive had done

Just throwing these out there.
If you get a crown, make sure the dentist uses the etch before mounting the permanent crown.
My current dentist didn't use the etch and after 10 years I have to have those teeth pulled.
The dentist I had before him mounted a couple crowns and repaired a front tooth and they have held for over 25 years with no signs of failure (knock on wood).

But if people are getting a full set of dentures and need something to tide them over while they wait for the healing and such, I recommend they McGuyver something using these.

41UFzcknxVL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_[1].jpg

It's fascinating to hear about the use of 3D printing technology in medicine, especially for reconstructive surgeries like the one your wife underwent. It's a shame that the senior surgeons were so dismissive of the idea, but it's encouraging to know that some medical professionals are willing to explore new technologies and techniques.
On a different note, have you ever considered Invisalign braces? They're a popular alternative to traditional metal braces and use clear, removable aligners to gradually shift teeth into their proper position. It might be worth looking into if you're interested in improving your smile!

Back