3M Scotch Brite Wheel

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys watching a Youtube about removing small scratches on aluminum using 3M scotch rite wheels for grinder or electric die grinder.But they never said which ones,so what I have done so far to aluminum for my tramming indicator tool is sanding to 400 but there is curved which I had plan to buy couple these wheels say 4” and 2” for die grinder but don’t know which ones to put the finishing touches.I also plan to use small buffing wheels with compound to bring to shine.Any suggestions or maybe website?Thanks guys

I bought this one for my 6" grinder:

It's awesome for deburring, knocking off rust, polishing drill rod, etc., but probably too coarse for polishing aluminum as it will leave a pattern on a smooth aluminum surface.

I've used a leather wheel with this on aluminum and it produces an amazing mirror finish. I was told that this is what Mercedez uses constructing their vehicles:

Those wheels are awesome, I use mine on aluminum but it is a bit aggressive so you got to be careful. They come in a variety of styles, sizes and grits so you should be able to find the right one for the task.

+100 on the AWESOME Scotch-Brite wheels. They are fantastic for deburring, polishing, and removing rust. I have a couple mounted on 6" bench grinder also. With careful use, makes sanded aluminum and brass look like a mirror. And yes, new ones are pricey. I picked up a lot of at least 20 off eBay for less than a new 6" disk (albeit only 4 or 5 were a 6" diameter, rest around 4"). There are variations out there; I see some offered that are basically a Scotch-Brite pad in wheel form. Mine are really dense, you'd give yourself a stroke trying to blow through the wheels.

Bruce

Not only are they good for polishing and deburring, they do a great job sharpening knives, etc. I set mine one of my bench grinders to take an 8" Scotchbrite wheels, both medium and lite. They last much longer.
Randy

Back