4 inch manual rotary table

Excellent work! I like it!

Machines sharing tooling is a great thing. Before I got my old Atlas horiz mill running, I did all my work on the Taig lathe, including milling. As a result, I amassed lots of Taig tooling. Lost a lot of it, rebuilding now, but I purchased an MT2 to Taig arbor. Suddenly I had access to all my Taig tooling on the Atlas. It's nice to be able to grab almost any Taig accessory to use on the Atlas.

I have a cheapie Horrible Fright 4" rotary table, and tapped the center hole 1/4x20, then made a stub that's 1/4x20 to 3/4x16 so I can screw a Taig chuck onto it. Works great!

Nice work! Very cool stamping tool. Yes the file is a great tool. They do need to be cared for. I remember my dad had told me not to drag a file backward and I forgot. he reminded me with a light smack on the back of my head. To this day I find it annoying when anyone does this. I stop at Flea markets, resale shops and garage sales all the time. I buy files I test them on my knuckles. then when I get home and try them if they don't cut good I make a scraper or burring tool, or something out of them.
Thanks for this post
Mark

Mark
Always enjoy your posts.
I bought a stamp set with a holder for multiple stamps some yeas ago. Most letters and numbers are correctly spaced if the stamps are touching side by side.
Exceptions are the letter I or a period mark ect. There are thin spacers that can set these things over but one has to plan for it and maybe shim a couple of times.
I've made only a couple of dials but I made the OD a bit over. After the lines and numbers were done I carelessly painted them and later tuned a few thousanths off
to clean up the dial leaving the paint in the low spots. All marks looked good .
I tried for years to teach people, young and old, how to use files. OK I'm pretty rough on them myself but the basics are simple and will greatly improve the usefulness and life of a file.
Most people either can't learn or don't care.

Yet another cool project Mark. I'm a little jealous of your skills, and the amount of time you get to spend in the shop. I was hoping to get back to work on my shop first thing this spring, but hopefully in a week or two the back will have healed up and I can get back (bad pun) to it. I suck at sitting still. Cheers, Mike

Yet another cool project Mark. I'm a little jealous of your skills, and the amount of time you get to spend in the shop. I was hoping to get back to work on my shop first thing this spring, but hopefully in a week or two the back will have healed up and I can get back (bad pun) to it. I suck at sitting still. Cheers, Mike
I love retirement! I do what I want, when I want , as often as I want. It is great.

Back