4 Jaw Stand offs and the quest for concentric lathe work

This is getting interesting.
I'll have to check out both videos. I have learned from both machinists, they have different styles.
I think Quinn is an outstanding teacher. She seems to cater more to the inexperienced audience. IMHO

She seems to cater more to the inexperienced audience. IMHO
Jeff,
I agree and it's one of the reasons I like watching her. She brings the audience along on her journey, foibles and all.
Evan

Jeff,
I agree and it's one of the reasons I like watching her. She brings the audience along on her journey, foibles and all.
Evan

Yep! I love Quinn's videos! She's definitely not a pro machinist, but she 'takes you along' as she learns, which to me is much more effective. I could never get into JoePi's videos, too much blathering on in front of a whiteboard rather than showing /explaining as he went (A number of Youtube machinists have this problem!).

I didn't see his video as being rude/sexist. He's done the same type of "response" videos with Adam Savage and a couple others I believe. He's just showing another way to do it that might be faster, safer, more accurate, etc.. He even started the video with a note that there are lots of ways to do any particular job and what matters is that you get there in the end. As a hobbyist, I appreciate seeing different ways to do the same job. It gives me ideas for how I might make a part.

I didn't see his video as being rude/sexist. He's done the same type of "response" videos with Adam Savage and a couple others I believe. He's just showing another way to do it that might be faster, safer, more accurate, etc.. He even started the video with a note that there are lots of ways to do any particular job and what matters is that you get there in the end. As a hobbyist, I appreciate seeing different ways to do the same job. It gives me ideas for how I might make a part.
I was just going to mention the Adam Savage "critique" video. I learned a lot from that one, too.

Back