[Newbie] 40:1 Dividing head missing parts?

Boojie

Registered
Registered
A friend has this:
f325bd77d2ffd025cb35e8033cbbc354.jpg

cf4f79fd6cc48c3f8c1d7d2fed90dff1.jpg

18792045f81a755825a434c752b6a8c6.jpg

But we can’t find the circled parts:
29b3caa23840cb37e7521760257c71e6.jpg

Were these sold without those parts??

I kinda doubt they'd be sold without those parts ... unless the document you posted part of would have mentioned them as "optional."

The part on the right is called the tailstock. These are available from various sources. What you need to look for is the centerline height of the indexer. Then get a tailstock with that centerline height. Many tailstocks are adjustable, so get one with the needed height within the adjustment range.

The other two parts are a chuck baseplate (lower) and live center/drive plate (upper). The keys here are (1) the thread diameter and pitch on the nose of the indexer and (2) the Morse taper size of the hole in the spindle. Check the documentation you have for the thread diameter, pitch and taper specification. Again, these parts can be obtained from various sources. Shucks ... you might even be able to get some info from MSC, the parent company of the now defunct Enco.

PS - here's a handy table of Morse tapers, in case you need it for reference:

This paper was rolled up in the unit:
bb3bd0e26e362fefae5ab199b9ec5320.jpg

Looking at the unit and comparing it to the manual picture I’m beginning to wonder if this is made by Enco:

(This noob just realized I should have posted this under the accessories forum. Admins feel free to move it. )

That may be a US made head, the Enco gadget looks like a magnet, possibly a giveaway item
M

Except for the tailstock,the two other parts you can make yourself if you have a lathe and mill. Why don't you give it a go. It's always fun making stuff.

Back