47 Ford Rat Rod

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
Some of you asked for pics of my old truck I'm building so I thought I'd start a thread on it. I just bought some cool old NOS tires at a yard sale today 3 Dunlop and one is a Blue Peter (maybe a recap) all the same size 6.00/6.50/19 & about 33" tall which is what I was really after, would have loved white walls but these are cool.

Chopped the top 4", channeled 4", gonna suicide the doors. Z'd the rear about 23" if I remember right, 4" on the front. It's gonna be a cab only bobber with a small motor of some type hopefully a 4 cyl. Perkins. Have a high arched transversed rear spring, banjo rearend non torque tube type, gonna be a suicide front end and may send the axle to get it dropped considerably.

Got the truck off of Benny in some horse trading, after parting out the struff I didn't need/want and the trading I did to get the item I traded Benny I think I have about $1,500.00 in it (in the negative) :whistle:

I plan on going with a steam punk theme

Here's a bunch of random pics from what it looked like when I got it to how it looks currently.

092.JPG 093.JPG 094.JPG 095.JPG 171.JPG 174.JPG 183.JPG 188.JPG cab cut down front (800x600).jpg cab cut down rear (800x600).jpg cab with doors fitted.JPG DSC00392.JPG DSC00620.JPG DSC00621.JPG frame (1).JPG frame (3).JPG frame (7).JPG Rat Rod Tires (1).JPG Rat Rod Tires (2).JPG Rat Rod Tires (3).JPG Rat Rod Tires (4).JPG Rat Rod Tires (5).JPG Rat Rod Tires (6).JPG

Looks like a fun project with a lot of work! Will look for updates!!

David

I have my first car I bought for $300.00 back in 1968. A 1948 Ford 2 door Deluxe Sedan It will need a rebuild, but I gave it to my son. It's stored at my lake place garage. He just was asking me about it today as a matter of fact. I figure a Father / Son project when I retire. It has a huge wide back seat, it was a fun place to romance my Girl Friends... :thumbsup: . I love American Pickers when they find a old car to be refurbished. Thanks for sharing your project. Rich

I have my first car I bought for $300.00 back in 1968. A 1948 Ford 2 door Deluxe Sedan It will need a rebuild, but I gave it to my son. It's stored at my lake place garage. He just was asking me about it today as a matter of fact. I figure a Father / Son project when I retire. It has a huge wide back seat, it was a fun place to romance my Girl Friends... :thumbsup: . I love American Pickers when they find a old car to be refurbished. Thanks for sharing your project. Rich

I have a 1948 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible. I bought this car in 1963 for 85 with 48,000miles and am the second owner. It was the car I drove in high school. I have to finish one car project then on to '48

DSCN1238.JPG

DSCN1238.JPG

Charley,
Thanks for the post; at least people will get the ooportunity to get a gist of the enormity of the project. I was thinking that you may try Storey tractor down on the south side of town, i don't have their number, phonebook?
If I hadn't broken my hip saturday, I am down that way on occasion and could have stopped in. I ran overmyself with my tractor, and broke the little piece of bone between the top of the femur and the ball, got three more titanium screws now! Doing great all things considered.

D94evr, very nice looking convertible; you probably don't park a D9 next to it though.

Bob

Damn Bob I'm really sorry to hear about that hope you get better soon if you need anything call

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

D9, what's the tri-carb setup in the corner of the pic?

Back