4x6 Harbor Freight Cutting Crooked

Rich you sure you don't have a 3/8" blade on there? Otherwise it does sound like the factory didn't machine the wheels correctly and
you'll have to correct that

1/2” blade ?, don’t think I would take anything off the wheels .

Do they use tires on those saws? My old craftsmen one did when I rebuilt it they helped out alot. The tires help space the teeth away from the wheels.

Do they use tires on those saws? My old craftsmen one did when I rebuilt it they helped out alot. The tires help space the teeth away from the wheels.
No tires on the HF saws unfortunately.

Roy

Attachments

• Blade Tracking and Adjustment for 4x6 Metal Cutting.pdf
    28.3 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: Z2V
You will probably need to replace the blade too. Once the set is damaged it seems the blade will never cut straight again.

Reach out to John Hermanson, HMAN here, he rebuilt a saw similar the the HF saw and I bought it from him, the thing works like butter...

I'd look at where the blade rides on the wheels if the teeth ride on the metal edge I'd take the wheels and chamfer the edge at about thirty degrees . Just a small edge cut to allow teeth set room.

Making some progress. Pic 1 is the wheel as it came off the saw. look at the flange toward the edge. Pic 2 I machined in a chamfer and took a surface cur. It was running out about 0.008. Pic 1.JPGpic 2.JPG

Back