5320? (and a newbie)

JMBar56

Registered
Registered
Hello, I am brand new to the site and trying to help a friend.

Her husband passed away, leaving behind a few machine tools including a Clausing 5320 with quite a bit of tooling. It has a three jaw chuck mounted, but I don't know if there is a four jaw somewhere in the tool boxes surrounding. Unfortunately he passed before he really had a chance to use it. Any information would be appreciated, but especially potential value. I have only seen one reference to this model, and that in an eBay ad, selling for $1,999.

She is getting ready to sell the things that will never be used. Also, any thoughts on whether direct sale (such as Craigslist or eBay) or an auction would be a better way to go? Oh yeah, we are located in California's central valley an hour north of Fresno.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Stan

Last edited:
Stan, depends on if she wants to be done with it or not. And if can she load it or ship or deliver or how does that whole part of it work. I'd try CL first, it's usually cash and buyer load/pickup, way simpler. PM me if you want help going thru the boxes or the other machines or tooling. I'm a couple hours north of you. I bought a newer, more modern Clausing 12" lathe, with lots of tooling, for $3500. The 5320 shouldn't bring close to that unless it is almost new and has tons of tooling with it.

Thank you eeler! She is ready to sell - her husband passed a couple of years ago and she was looking for advice on a fair sale price. I have access to a few folks in the immediate area that can help her sort out the tooling, chucks, etc., but they all have more modern machinery, and nobody has seen this particular model before.

I may holler if help is needed.

Stan

Back