5c Collet stop for collet block

Maplehead

Registered
Registered
Hi All
Is there a special collet stop that can be used along with the quick release handle, (shown on the right in the pic below)?
1640366406267.jpeg

Not that I am aware. You will probably have to make one that uses the internal threads of the collet (if such there be).

If the quick release does not use the internal threads, you can make an externally threaded plug to fit the collet and a threaded rod in the center to be the stop rod. Naturally the rod will not have the same range of adjustment as one that extends pass the back of the collet, but it will work.
Pierre

Use either the rings alone , or the quick release by itself . The rings allow the use of a stop .

Can the quick release be purchased separately?

Hi All
Is there a special collet stop that can be used along with the quick release handle, (shown on the right in the pic below)?
View attachment 389657
I don’t think there is a store bought stop that will work. But knowing what you make makes me think you may be better off boring a 5c emergency collet. You could bore it for your guitar parts once and use it over and over.
When you bore emergency collet you bore it leaving a shoulder for part to stop against.

Jimsehr

Back