6.5mm Creedmoor Bartlein Barrel and Impact Action

Thank you.

I have 4 barrels for friends to finish, all AR10 6.5 Creed. I have the PTG SAAMI to use.

If you have to do a 223 project in the future, I have one with "0" FB, 0.062, .084, 0.100, 0.140, 0.170. All with 0.253 necks, except the Wylde and the "0" fb both have 0.2558.

I will be glad to loan you one.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I'm not familiar with that reamer. Are you required to ream the free bore after chambering?

I've got three new barreled rifles and 6" of new snow. This is killing me.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I'm not familiar with that reamer. Are you required to ream the free bore after chambering?

I've got three new barreled rifles and 6" of new snow. This is killing me.

All the 223 dreamers I have do not need to follow up with a throated, just run them to headspace.

Forgot, also have a 224 Valky and 22 Nosler

Save the comp, cut the ports thru. Don't worry about finish, exhaust gases don't care. Make sure the bullet will not strike any baffle. Warn anyone to the side of you, very loud. It's loud enough to loosen dentures and fillings.

Actually using a brake at a range is a serious matter. They are not allowed at my home range. Where they are allowed it would be appropriate to choose a time when there is no one else around or to choose a bench as far away from other shooters as possible. The consensus seems to be that if you use a brake you are making others pay for your problem of having more firepower than you can handle.
If you are alone in the desert then that is an entirely different situation.

I agree with you @Tozguy with a few modifiers...

Ear protection is mandatory at all ranges in our area, and compensators are the rule here, not the exception. On the custom one I made, the vents face forward 7 degrees, Using a Db meter, the net increase in noise at any point behind the muzzle is between 4 and 6 Db. With hearing protection, you can't tell the difference. There is also no 'slap' from the shock wave either.

When doing spotted shooting with the guy sitting on the other side of the action, with the brake on or off, it seems the same to them as well.

If compensators are the rule where you shoot then it is easy to understand that people know what to expect and gear up for it. I wonder if all compensators are designed as thoughtfully as your is Dabbler. However where it is not the rule and the guy next to you is trying to shoot a 6PPC then he/she will feel the shock wave even from an uncompensated 6PPC from the next bench. That's why competitors will wait for their neighbour to shoot first to avoid 'doubles' that will kill their group. If a rifle is powerful enough to need a muzzle compensator then the blast must be considerably harsher than that of a 6PPC. Redirecting such a blast sideways towards your neighbour is basically punishing him for something you can't manage yourself. It is not something I would do without their permission.
Hearing protection is the rule even when shooting 22lr. It is a stretch to think that any shooter is thus adequately protected from any level of blast from a neighbouring bench.
To me it is not a question of who's rights trump those of someone else. It is a question of awareness and wanting to contribute to making our experience at the range enjoyable for all.

100% agree! My comp is on a 6.5 X 47 Lapua - not a powerhouse cartridge. It is there to stop tail blast from upsetting the bullet. Makes 3/4" groups go to .300 inch groups.

Don't go to a USPSA open gun match.

I've gone to lots of sanctioned matches in Canada. I declare it well before the match, and have them witness me shooting with/without the barrel break. Only once was I not permitted. The match organizer (who was not the person who refused) after the match said that if I could demonstrate that it made no difference on the firing line, he *would* have permitted it.

15 years shooting that gun. one exception.

Back