6" x 3-1/4" x 3/8" Steel Rings

Tony Wells

President Emeritus (Retired)
Registered
Good job, Jack. A friend of mine specializes in burnouts and has built a spin table to make it easy. It's 24" square, fitted with 1/4 X 2 slats placed vertically about 1 1/2" apart. The table is mounted on a automotive front spindle using the two bearings for support. It turns with very little effort even with quite a bit of weight on it. He has a circle cutting attachment for his OA torch, and center punches his layout to place his attachment pivot. Turns out very accurate and very true circles. He's go about the steadiest hand I've ever seen on a torch. Without exaggeration, I'd say some of his burns would go 125 Ra. He's aging a bit, so not as good as he was when I met him 30 years ago, but still best I know of. Can't weld, but best burner I know of. Well, he can weld, but his claim (and his company name) is all about burning. I'm trying to talk him out of his CNC plasma. He's wanting to retire, and was just diagnosed with cancer....so I may get most of his shop. He doesn't have kids that are the least interested in metal.

Back