6061 VS 7075

Are you reasons for aluminum to save weight?
You said the front bushings are delrin. Which bushings are you referring to?
Thank you for the responses, poly would still have some give to it, body mounts, and rear suspension are aluminum bushings. I'm thinking 6061 for price from the vendor, but maybe 7075 would be better if I made my own replacements. These are maintenance items like the heim ends that will need to be checked, and replaced periodically. the front bushings are delrin/delalum. This is for a 1970 Chevelle with a fabricated 9", and adjustable mounting points. Big block with a clutch, and 5 speed. I'll have to look into Ti, would it wear well?

The back bushings are for no deflection, not weight savings. The front bushings are in the upper, and lower "A" arms for smoother operation. The back will be absorbing the load of transferring power/forward motion to the chassis.

Spherical rod ends, aka heim joints. for a Chevelle with triangulated 4 link suspension. It takes away the softness of the chassis reaction.

I would suggest, if you want instantaneous transfer of forces, that the mounting needs to be in double shear.

If you are looking for wear resistance there are steels made just for this purpose.
A7 is an excellent choice for wear resistant tools and parts.

Have it hard chromed after grinding and it will not rust and look good as well.

Mitch there is a 1/2" bolt going through to the back side of the cross member for that picture. Mr. Waller the bushings in the back will probably outlast the heim ends, which are a maintenance item that have to be watched with this setup. Thank you....

Mitch there is a 1/2" bolt going through to the back side of the cross member for that picture.

In double shear, the bracket will take 2x as much force without breaking/bending, and the bolt running through it is 8x stiffer! All for the low low cost of.........

{This is right out of "Tune to Win" Carroll Smith (RIP)}

Back