618 Craftsman 101.21400 New Owner Needing an Assist

Sure can Dave. I physically measured it the first time as well but here it is in photograph so there's no confusion. This one is on my 618, and the one on my Craftsman 101.214 is the same size, and both just barely clear 1/2" through the spindle bore. The caliper is reading 0.742"
image.jpeg
It sounds like your spindle is closer to what I have on the Atlas mill. I've made a collar for that one too, and I think the thread was 7/8" - 14. That one I cannot measure for you though, it's behind the gear plate for the Change-O-Matic and I'm not up to pulling it apart.

Hope that helps more than hinders.

-frank

Thanks Frank
It's deffo 1.25 accross the threads.
So it now looks like I will have to make my own retaining ring .I've spent seven or more hours trawling the internet for any UK or European site that might have what I want ready made to no avail.

Last edited:
Round in Circles- if you are referring to pn L2-682 collar Clausing has them in stock for $4.20..

I don't have a criss-cross chart for Part Number to application and don't know what L2-682 fits. But I thought that David was talking about the threaded collar on the left end of the spindle. Which is p/n 9-32 on all of the Atlas lathes except for the 6", which is M6-32.

Back