67 Kawasaki A7 project

Thanks guys. I have some patch work to do on the seat base before the upholstery can be started. Hopefully it will be done by spring.

John

The more I look at that restore the more I like it , looks like an easy motor to work on well thought out.I am inspired by it to continue on the T150V I've been restoring for a few years now ....first the cams in my H-D though as It's my daily rider ....looks like you are a Triumph rider>

Very nice! I still wish I had acquired one of the Yam 350's. I note they are currently featured in the major cycle mags. I once owned a Zundapp 200cc which never did run correctly for me . Later Japanese 2 strokers really impressed. Wish they had been able to clean up the emissions . That is a great looking bike, but I would choose a different handlebar.

Great post
Had a 175 law enduro with carb in the side cover. It also had a compression release sounded like a jake break.
Sold it to buy a 500 triple law, wish I still had it.
Thanks ron

Just love spell check

The more I look at that restore the more I like it , looks like an easy motor to work on well thought out.I am inspired by it to continue on the T150V I've been restoring for a few years now ....first the cams in my H-D though as It's my daily rider ....looks like you are a Triumph rider>

That is my son's Daytona in the picture. I had a T140 for many years but had to sell it when the kids were little, everyone knows how that goes.

The handlebar bend is not my favorite either but it is kind of unique because it is an un-bent original to the bike piece and the switch wiring runs through the bars.

I have a Kawasaki triple (H1) project on the go right now too, I'll post some pics soon.

John

Verrry nice restoration on a very cool bike. Those rotary valve two strokes were screaming machines. I had a Kaw 100 Centurian race bike that was a single cylander rotary valve two stroke. For a 100 it was scary fast. Raced it for a couple of years and won lots of trophies. What a blast.

Jeez...that's a great job !!! Ya just have to tell me what the process was for getting those cases, cylinders and heads look so fresh. I've got my '75 Suzuki GT 750 Water Buffalo waiting in the wings for a total resto. Thanks for the pictures.

Jeez...that's a great job !!! Ya just have to tell me what the process was for getting those cases, cylinders and heads look so fresh. I've got my '75 Suzuki GT 750 Water Buffalo waiting in the wings for a total resto. Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks for your comments. All the parts were stripped of their original clear coat finish with paint stripper (Polystrippa brand), then glass bead blasted and finally painted with Duplicolor engine enamel and baked at 250 degrees for 1.5 hours. This leaves a very hard finish that is very chemical resistant. This is the same process I use on all the bikes I work on and it has proven very durable.

John

Back