67 Kawasaki A7 project

What a cool bike. Thanks for posting. Like everyone says the 2 stroke rotary valves are a hoot. I raced Can-am dirt bikes years ago and still have the scars to prove it. They were brutally fast and only wanted to go faster.

Nice- brings back memories- I had the little brother A1SS 250cc; ran the p*ss out of it. We called it the "ticket bike" ; everyone who borrowed it for a quick spin around the block invariably came back with a speeding ticket. Good times.
The banjo fittings on the oil pump are delicate- be gentle when tightening those. And the three-ball clutch releaser is kind of a weak point- you can see the case bulging from the force. But it works. Those rotary valves don't quit pumping fuel mix at high speeds like a reed valve design, gives very high RPM- they do wear though, and the case halves too. Enjoy.
Mark S.

Nice job on the Kawasaki John, I've finished a few Suzuki's lately maybe I'll post some of mine.

Back in the early 70's I had a 1968 Suzuki T20 Hustler 250cc, sold it to a racer friend but wish I'd kept it along with a few dozen of the bikes I've sold since.

Here's my lastest restoration 1981 Suzuki GS 650E took about 9 months to finish.

How I found it, after I pulled all the stuff off of it, stored here for 30 years.

IMG_7450A.jpg

Strippng her down.

photo 5A.JPG

How it looks now.

IMG_7627A.jpg

Cheers.

David.

IMG_7617.JPG

IMG_7614A.jpg

Back