VN 7 1/2 DIVIDING HEAD

Ok, made the changes. File on thingiverse updated to reflect pin diameter, screw diameter, and added bevel for retaining screw. Here's pix of cad 3d rendering. Retaining screw diameter seems wrong but I don't have a picture of real McCoy to work with. If someone would like to be guinea pig, let me know and I can send physical object, otherwise I will test in a couple weeks when back at shop.

dividing head plate 6 inch v2.jpg

dividing head plate 6 inch v2.png

Thanks for updated dimensions, I think bolt circle for 10 inch index plate is wrong since it's less than arbor and different than earlier (edited) post.

These are for the 7 1/2 & for the 10. Looking good Samstu!

I measured center to center of 2 mount holes at 1.702 for the 7 1/2 & 1.844 for the 10 & did the math. Perhaps I did the math wrong.
EDIT: Yep. Did the math wrong. Black shows a better way. D = s / 0.866 = 1.965 for the 7 1/2 & 2.129 for the 10. I'll go back & edit the appropriate spots.

Last edited:
OK, so fixed bolt circle diameter thanks to Little machine shop calculator. So here is current picture and 3d rendering. This is the 6 inch diameter plate for 10 inch dividing head.

dividing head plate version 3.jpg

dividing head plate 3d version 3.png

Let's see your finished product Samstu!

Well Samstu did another thread highlighting his good to go 3D printed plates & sent me a copy of his product. Spot On!!!! Meanwhile some are still paying $75 + shipping for the 47 - 66 plate. Just saw this tonight in my email:

$83 shipped. Not for me & no way................

Back