7 x 12 Mini Lathe CNC Conversion

I can check that but I think that's the issue. The output voltage is not changing when pressing the keyboard direction buttons. I'm a mechanical person so when I encounter electronic problems I struggle.

I don't think Mach3 is the problem. The more I think about it's wiring or BoB related.

Problem solved! It was a wiring issue. I removed the Enable - wire from the BoB and the motors moved as expected. What's interesting is I wired the motors, drivers and power supply the same as my mill when I was using this same BoB and UC100. Must be a difference in the driver internals between my mill and lathe.

good news! glad you got it working

on the drivers i have if enable is low or disconnected the motors are powered, enable high - the motors are unpowered and can be turned manually

what is next?

good news! glad you got it working

on the drivers i have if enable is low or disconnected the motors are powered, enable high - the motors are unpowered and can be turned manually

what is next?

That's how mine work also. Took me a week of tinkering to find that out.

Next up is limit switch installation, guards to keep the chips out of the lathe internals, motor tuning, and cleaning up the wiring. I ran some gcode this afternoon just to watch it run. Operationally it seems smooth but the proof will be cutting metal. Hopefully in a few days.

Back