70 C10 resto-mod (was Chevy culture shock)

...and they didn't include the little tool to hold the prop valve in the middle for bleeding, great.

Spent much of the day seeking out an adapter for 9/16"-18M --> 1/2"-20F to connect my existing rear brakes to the combo valve rear port. Several local parts stores showed it in inventory, but the little "goddammits" were nowhere to be found onsite. Should have inventoried the ports against the existing lines when I pulled the old m/c, oh well
AGS BLF-26C BLF-21C in case you run into this crap.(part number I got from the truck forum was bass-ackwards, who knew the interwebs would lie ? ;-) )

Last edited:
The lines I bent by hand were fine. Those that I bent with the correct tool for the job....I crimped beyond repair. So, these are now mockups and I'll make replacements from scratch.

Attachments

• 8A9D279A-BB82-4443-BA16-9049E2D5FB8C.jpeg
    8A9D279A-BB82-4443-BA16-9049E2D5FB8C.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 4
I used copper/nickle for my brake lines and covered them with rock guard (the springs that the manufacture put on lines) I bent them by hand. Sometimes around something to make a loop or a tight bend.

On my fuel lines on my nova I tried to use the copper/nickle 3/8" and every time I tried to bend it it collapsed. Was even worse if i tried using any type of bending tool. Tried 3 different types of bending tool and none of them worked.

20220901_094958.jpg

Interesting. I had not seen gravel guards used up that high, but it's a good look.
Debating if I may as well take out the t block and run redundant lines to the front brakes since I have to bend some lines anyway, in which case I might as well mount them to the front of the crossmember, in which case..... ;-)

Can't see the pics without joining the chevy truck forum.

Back