70 C10 resto-mod (was Chevy culture shock)

OK, syringe bled it just fine. Brake fluid foamed when filling the syringe (under partial vacuum), and is exactly what I was seeing when pumping the MC to bleed it.
Live and learn

A couple pumps to shake the gravity loose helps the gravity bleeding process.
A couple wraps of Teflon on the bleeders helps the vacuum bleeding process.

took a couple tries to correctly re-seat some flares and stop some leaks. Good thing about leaks is that they indicate fluid is reaching the back system.
Still not getting much out of the back drums with vacuum bleed.(shuttle valve immobilized) nor with gravity. With vacuum applied/released, I can hear a spring moving in the drum, so going to crack that open and replace the wheel cylinder since I already have the parts. I can confirm fluid movement to each corner while I'm at it.
I'll have to release the e-brake to do this, so I'll rely on chocks+tranny to keep her in the driveway, but with 3 corners on the ground this should be OK

took a couple tries to correctly re-seat some flares and stop some leaks. Good thing about leaks is that they indicate fluid is reaching the back system.
Still not getting much out of the back drums with vacuum bleed.(shuttle valve immobilized) nor with gravity. With vacuum applied/released, I can hear a spring moving in the drum, so going to crack that open and replace the wheel cylinder since I already have the parts. I can confirm fluid movement to each corner while I'm at it.
I'll have to release the e-brake to do this, so I'll rely on chocks+tranny to keep her in the driveway, but with 3 corners on the ground this should be OK
Had one roll off a jack stand once, ever since I have that nervous eye twitch every time I jack one up, my wife looks at me funny because I chock everything touching the ground, If the good lord wants me he'll need to hit me with a lightning bolt or pick the thing up with a tornado out of the blue and swat me with it....

swapped the wheel cylinders and they were ugly inside, but still not the source of the flow/bleed problem. I applied vacuum to both hard lines when I had the cylinders off and the lines hold vacuum but don't move fluid. Either an obstruction, or something "undocumented" in the combo valve is fighting me.
Going to disconnect the combo valve and blow air through the back lines to see if there's an obstruction.

Back