70° today and no shop time!

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
<begin WHINE>
Hit 70° here today and I didn't even open the shop. Didn't even get any time in the shop.
Of course there was the matter of picking up the treadmill that Honey scored...
At noon it was 68° and the shop thermometer was reading 53°, there was no way I was going to open up the shop and have everything start 'sweating'.
I didn't want to spend my afternoon wiping down everything.
Monday it's forecast for 53°, then Tu-41°, Wed-37°, Th-45°, and 44° on Friday. Back to using the heater. . .
What a beautiful day it would have been, but alas.
<End WHINE>

Yep, Southern N.J. , Colder in the shop today, Glass on door was sweating. Turned the heat up in shop. Al.

Currently 76 degrees in Honolulu, snow not anticipated, everything green and blue. Sorry!
Oh Yeah? well what about the ah, um, er, -aha!, the salt spray from the surf onto the bed of your Lathe/Mill/Grinder/Drill Press/Shaper?

Low 70's in Raleigh NC today..60's tomorrow..not too bad for December.

Sure wish y'all would keep it west of the mountains..

Oh Yeah? well what about the ah, um, er, -aha!, the salt spray from the surf onto the bed of your Lathe/Mill/Grinder/Drill Press/Shaper?

Nah, I just block it with oil!

Actually, we do have snow in Hawaii. You just need to go above 9,000 feet up Mauna Kea! They even ski there but the berms have lava rock underneath so falling is not encouraged. I live a mile from a huge sandy beach so the weather is nice except in the summer, when we're dodging hurricanes!

Nah, I just block it with oil!

Actually, we do have snow in Hawaii. You just need to go above 9,000 feet up Mauna Kea! They even ski there but the berms have lava rock underneath so falling is not encouraged. I live a mile from a huge sandy beach so the weather is nice except in the summer, when we're dodging hurricanes!
I'm trying to feel for ya man, I really am, "sandy beach" - a mile away? yea, I tried, it just isn't happening. :grin:
Although we shall wish any hurricanes headed that way to cut a wide path around the islands, and head into open seas.

Back