70° today and no shop time!

In "Sunny California" tonight here in Sacramento it is forecast to be 29 F. But the high was 54 F this afternoon. Rain tomorrow through Thursday. Most years it gets down to the low 20's or even the teens for a night or three during winter. Nearly every summer goes over 110 F, but with low humidity, and usually cool sea breeze in the evenings, with night time lows in the 60's to 70's. It is not like Minnesota where I was born, with it's "shovel or swat" seasons, and not like Honolulu with those 'boring' trade winds, where most every day you can wear a flowered shirt and shorts. but there is also a good chance of rain. Humans settle all those places and many more, some of them at the limits of survival. We inhabit nearly all of the planet, sometimes to our detriment. My garage/shop has no heat, no air conditioning, and no insulation. It works fine for a retired guy, get to choose which hours to be working there.

Having a brisk evening here at 17deg. s'posed to be 9deg. later, just a lil' chilly..................:cool 2:

If 9 degrees is chilly what do you call cold as hell...

Maybe 7 degrees? it was in the mid 70’s here today

We left CO last week with a low of 7 F. Here in PR now, where we are seeing lows of 75 and high of 82. Unfortunately, my metal working tools here consit of a file and a die grinder. Mike

Beautiful morning here in Greensboro NC with sunny sky's through Friday and then some of that Tennessee yucko rain/snow weather over the weekend.

In "Sunny California" tonight here in Sacramento it is forecast to be 29 F. But the high was 54 F this afternoon. Rain tomorrow through Thursday. Most years it gets down to the low 20's or even the teens for a night or three during winter. Nearly every summer goes over 110 F, but with low humidity, and usually cool sea breeze in the evenings, with night time lows in the 60's to 70's. It is not like Minnesota where I was born, with it's "shovel or swat" seasons, and not like Honolulu with those 'boring' trade winds, where most every day you can wear a flowered shirt and shorts. but there is also a good chance of rain. Humans settle all those places and many more, some of them at the limits of survival. We inhabit nearly all of the planet, sometimes to our detriment. My garage/shop has no heat, no air conditioning, and no insulation. It works fine for a retired guy, get to choose which hours to be working there.
38 here this morning, Bob; one quick dash outside and back in, up to 48 now nothing outside is so urgent as to require my presence until it warms up some more ---

Gee you guys are lucky, it hit 107'F last week, been in the high 80's to mid 90's since, 9:30am its 80% humidity and 84'F.
I feel like I'm melting.

I just came in from my shop, its 55 outside, I'm getting ready to build a fire in the stove.

Hit 56° here today, bit of a breeze. I did open up the shop, luckily we didn't get any 'sweating' from yesterday's hi temp.
Hung some lights for Honey, unpacked the truck from yesterday's estate sale haul, took some picts of the treadmill.
For the record, all I had in the truck was the treadmill and busted up wood 2-drawer file cabinet. (I'm gonna salvage the brass hdwr off of it...)
Kinda of a sad estate sale, they were clearing out the house - literally. Honey snagged a bunch of stuff for nothing.

Back