76mm tank gun

fernballan

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi
I have a old russian tank
With a 76mm gun it is deactivated but it is possible to load
I live in Sweden where weapons laws are strict, you only can buy black powder
My question is how much do you dare to load? and what should I pack the gun powder in

DSC_0043.JPG

Last edited:
Hi
I have a old russian tank
With a 76mm gun it is deactivated but it is possible to load
When I live in Sweden where weapons laws are strict, you only have to buy black powder
My question is how much do you dare to load? and what should I pack the gun powder in

I have no idea, but I am definitely interested in this project.

To help, someone would need to know what your intentions are? just make noise, or send a round down range? Also, what was done to deactivate the gun?

Oh yea, and pics, we all love to examine pictures.

To help, someone would need to know what your intentions are? just make noise, or send a round down range? Also, what was done to deactivate the gun?

Oh yea, and pics, we all love to examine pictures.
It's amphibian but I'm not going to invade the US HiHi
I thought it would be fun to make little noise
I have deaktverings certificate somewhere but it's in the middle of the night here so I'm taking som fotos off it tomorrow together with the cannon

It's amazing how much noise a little gun powder can make. Those small starter cannons for yacht racing are loud . A friend bought one to play with. So a large tank won't need a lot to make it loud.
I would think a cardboard tube about 2 - 3 inches long would be a lot of bang. But the question is how to ignite it w/o a firing pin?you could do it electrically. Maybe just a nichrome wire in the powder and 2 insulated wires coming out the breach. and a 12volt battery.

I expect that you would need at least the butt end of a cartridge to seal the breech; it would not be pleasant inside the vehicle with the blowback that would result from an unsealed breech. Powder used in these guns was and is smokeless and graded as to burn time and resultant pressures created, I think black powder works the same, the finer it is, the faster the burn time; cannon powder would be quite coarse. An old timer told me "if you don't know what you are doing, don't f--- with it". Pretty good advice!
I have a good friend who is into the cannon thing, has about 50 breech loading cannons, all active; he has a class 10 firearms permit, that allows you to possess up to, but not including nuclear weapons.

I expect that you would need at least the butt end of a cartridge to seal the breech; it would not be pleasant inside the vehicle with the blowback that would result from an unsealed breech. Powder used in these guns was and is smokeless and graded as to burn time and resultant pressures created, I think black powder works the same, the finer it is, the faster the burn time; cannon powder would be quite coarse. An old timer told me "if you don't know what you are doing, don't f--- with it". Pretty good advice!
I have a good friend who is into the cannon thing, has about 50 breech loading cannons, all active; he has a class 10 firearms permit, that allows you to possess up to, but not including nuclear weapons.
I have to load it from the front. There is a plug welded on the back end

Sorry i don know what font and back on a gun is called in English

It's amazing how much noise a little gun powder can make. Those small starter cannons for yacht racing are loud . A friend bought one to play with. So a large tank won't need a lot to make it loud.
I would think a cardboard tube about 2 - 3 inches long would be a lot of bang. But the question is how to ignite it w/o a firing pin?you could do it electrically. Maybe just a nichrome wire in the powder and 2 insulated wires coming out the breach. and a 12volt battery.
nichrome wire in the powder? sorry don't know what its is but I'm thinking electrically is the way to do it

The front would be called the muzzle, the other end is the breech. I think I'd want to know how securely the plug is welded into the chamber at the breech end.

Back