8 more buckets of tooling moved to the basement .

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
So I keep on mentioning " dreamers " and no-one seems to have heard of them . These were made by Cleveland Twist Specialty . These are a drill and combined reamer ,a pic of one will be posted . I have more than a few of these .

Attachments

• IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
The pics turned out better than expected . :big grin:

From a production stand point, that's a win-win!
I've seen the drill-tap[ combination but not these.

That's pretty cool (if they work), never heard of these either. Do they work well as for intended purpose?

They produce a straight hole to a specified diameter . Off to the basement again ! :grin: At one point in the carreer I had specialty tools made thru Valenite etc . Saved the company money .

I have a complete set of them. Have had them for at least 30 years. Can recall only one time using one out of the set, LOL. Don’t see them very often? That’s all I know, good luck.
drill bits.jpg

I have heard of them but I've never seen one. I thought they were like the unicorn.

Huh, dreamers, whodathunk? Once in a blue moon I go into the local Re-Store and find some crazy stuff. I was looking through the tools and saw this weird drill/reamer. At first I thought it was some kind of home mod but when I realized it had the flutes from the drill tip were not the same height as the reamer section and how nicely done it was it dawned on my noob brain this wasn't a hack job. Made by Mohawk. I asked the lady and she said does it have a sticker? Nope, $1, ok. Still not used it as I've not needed a hole drilled and reamed .570...someday.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
That may well be a combination drill-counterbore. The diameter difference looks a bit large for a pilot bit and reamer. Great price, in any case!

Until this thread I'd never heard of dreamers. I'm sure mmcmdl has tons of stuff I've never heard of. I hope to see other expert level stuff he's got stashed away.

I've gotten so many crazy things out of that ReStore. Some brand new files, $1 ea. Two milk crates full of pneumatics with these 8 odd "air motors" with rubber air lines, air switches and a completely plumbed in panel with 3 pneumatic foot controls with all brass fittings. $100. Couldn't pass it up. Sometimes I think their SO decided to clean the garage and just drops a load at ReStore. No rhyme or reason and often it's brand new.

Back