8” Palmgren Rotary Table - $300 (albany / el cerrito, CA)

That rotary table is not very rigid. I sold one for a friend some years ago, new in the box, and I would not use one on a milling machine, perhaps on a drill press doing light work. The light build plus the X/Y axes take away the rigidity. For a mill, you can do much better for the same amount of money.

I would agree with Bob. I have an 8" Eron of similar design. They use plain bearings rather than needle or ball bearings. I do use mine occasionally on the mill, but much less now that I have a 12" Index brand rotary table. The X and Y axis on mine can be locked. Mine was originally purchased by the company I worked for to position labelers. They worked fine for about a dozen years, but were taken out of service at that time because they were difficult to orient, and often misplaced labels due to wear. When I got mine (for $70.00) I had to replace all the bushings.

As an FYI there was the same model listed on eBay a while ago new old stock, still in the original carton with an asking price of $275.00 or Best Offer.

Back