8" Vertex Rotary Table

Just for fun

Tim Young
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Has anyone bought a Vertex table recently?

I'm thinking of upgrading to a nicer table. I looked at a Phase II but found it it's made in China. Trying my best to avoid anything made in China. I looked as a Yuasa, Holy Moly I want nicer but I'm not sure I want $1,200 dollars worth of nicer. So, then I looked at a Vertex some are $450 to $650 on eBay plus shipping and on Penn tools they are $800 bucks plus shipping.

The few I see on eBay are either have 3 T-slots or 4 T-slots. On Penn tools they have two one has 6 t-slots labeled as new low-profile design the other has 3 slots, both $800.

The 6 slot unit: https://www.penntoolco.com/vertex-8-horizontal/vertical-low-profile-rotary-table-hv8---20-008-2/

The 4 slot unit: https://www.penntoolco.com/vertex-8-horizontal-vertical-rotary-table-3900-2328/

I sure like the looks of the red 6 slot unit.

Just wondering what you guys think? I didn't have a chance to call Penn tools today, I think I'll call on Monday and see what they say.

What are the issues with your current table?

What are the issues with your current table?
Nothing in particular, it's just a cheap Chinese knockoff, fit and finish is poor and it's not as smooth as I would like it to be. It's perfect for a $200 rotary table. I just want a nicer unit, while I can still afford one.

I think Vertex is made in Taiwan and they have been making rotary tables for at least 20 years. Stefan Gotteswinter has done a tear-down review :

If I am to upgrade my rotary table, It's likely to be Vertex.

Hi, I have a 10" Vertex and am very satisfied with it. Smooth action, nice casting and is H/V. Have it for over 20 years, still works as new.

I'm thinking the 10" would be a little large for my PM-935 plus being 117 lbs, that's heavy and getting heaver by the year, LOL.

I'm curious about the 8" does it have 3 slots, 4 slots or 6 slots. And what is the general consensus on what is the best number of slots. I would think more the merrier as they say.

My 10" Vertex H/V has 6 slots at 60 degrees that did take a little getting use to. I would have rather had 4 at 90 degrees but that's history now. I made 2 adaptor plates as many others have to increase the diameter to 16". I like the added space, it makes it much easier with bigger work. That may work for you also. Maybe a 10" plate. My plates are 5/8" thick and I made an adaptor to bring them in close 4DC5D612-79AD-4AF8-BC0D-F32BFF6F8BF2.jpegC8291D98-08B5-4DE7-A459-201B33D20A01.jpeg674CCBCD-0760-4BA5-ABBD-90773A16C10B.jpeg4CDF7E56-579A-44AA-ACE1-32BF2744D454.jpegbefore using the co/ax to zero it.

With all the different photos on the advertisements it sure makes it hard to tell what you're going to get. I called Penn today and the red one listed as 6 slot only has three and it is black. The other one that they have listed is one and the same. He said it's the same unit just a different part number.

@WobblyHand Thanks for the link. That price is quite a bit better than from Penn, but the shipping is twice as much. And it is advertised as a four slot.

Back